Karol Oviedo Post #10

Reflect on your past writing:
On my past writing in general, I tried to generate an inverted pyramid of importance. The first sentence would place a general idea that would leave the readers curious. This curiosity would leave the reader with a desire to read the entire first paragraph — and hopefully the entire paper. Then, I tried to develop a description for the topic and end with the thesis statement. My idea of the structure is set, but my difficulty is bringing that idea to reality. As to the my conclusions in past writing, I tried to restate the thesis and present the points I mentioned in the writing that explained and supported my thesis.

A piece of writing:
“Multiple Personality Murder” by Deborah Karczewski
This monologue, for the soul purpose of a clear theatrical structure, is written with clear annotations noted throughout the play. Focusing on the introduction, the author uses the chronological system of organization to allow the reader follow on her flow of words. She guides the reader through the setting of the place by providing a spatial description of the room and represented each movement as parallel as possible with each word the character would utter. This is an example of her spatial description, “The first is her ‘guard’ beside her, and the second is the ‘psychiatrist,’ placed eye level beyond the audience…” This quotes offers both the location of the actress and the location of the imaginary psychiatrist and guard. After this spatial description, the author proceeds with the play. She creates a character that has multiple personalities. Each personality contributes to what will happen later in the plot, but the author does not explicitly say what will occur as the monologue advances because she wants to hook the reader. Personally, I would like to incorporate her diction to attract the attention of my readers with a nice hook.