Savannah Ramsey Blog Post 11

In my cover letter, I am considering showcasing my blog post 4, blog post 5, proposal and annotated bibliography, rough draft, and final paper to show my growth as a writer through writing as a process.  My blog post 4 was the comparison of an image in Patrick Ness’s The Knife of Never Letting Go to the never-ending stream of data and lack of privacy and how that affects identity in Gary Shteyngart’s Super Sad True Love Story. The use of a secondary source in comparison to Gary Shteyngart’s Super Sad True Love Story is found in blog post 5, where I brought in Melissa Nilles’ article, “Technology is Destroying the Quality of Human Interaction” to relate the technological detachment found in the novel to today’s society.  Both of these blog posts gave me ideas to build off of and inspired my topic for my final paper.  My proposal and annotated bibliography in comparison to my final paper will prove how much my ideas have transformed through the writing process.  From their simple origins, my thoughts for my final paper started out with a very large scope as seen in my proposal, and slowly narrowed back down to my original analysis of Super Sad True Love Story.  After getting the basis of the ideas for my paper, I like to write them down and add bullet points of subtopics that I can think of off the top of my head. At this point, I tend to just ramble on about my topic to a willing listener, so that they can give me feedback if any of it makes sense without context.  Then, I tend to go back to my sources and look for specific passages that pertain to those subtopics that I can use to quote and expand or refute my claim.  I then annotate the sources, so that I can come back to them at a later date, and still have specific notes and examples to easily pull from when I begin writing the actual paper.  I generally don’t like outlines, because I tend to restrict myself by only sticking to them instead of letting the creative thoughts flow naturally on paper.  Once I have my general topic, subtopics and specific details, I am able to start writing my rough draft where I throw all of my thoughts down on paper.  I tend to need revision of the organizational aspects for my papers and specific wordings, because occasionally I struggle to get my thoughts to make sense on paper rather than just in my head.