Instructure will release updates to our Canvas environment Saturday, September 15, 2018. Noteworthy changes include:
- Pages & non-graded discussions with to-do dates display in instructor calendars.
- A new “Download Submission Comments” link in the SpeedGrader sidebar for unmuted assignments exports comments as a PDF.
- Going forward, Assignment due dates implicitly use the 59th second of the specified minute, e.g. 11:59:59 PM not 11:59:00 PM.
- Instructors can note the last date that a student attended a course in the student’s Profile page (open the Profile by clicking the name in People course roster, then clicking their name again in the context card).
- There are several improvements to moderated grading and anonymous grading features for teachers.
Click here to view the full Canvas release notes for September 15, 2018. The notes contain more details about these and other changes, a link to a screencast explaining some of the changes contained in the release, a comments section, and role-specific user summaries. You can join in the discussion if you log in to the Canvas Community.
A new release arrives every third Saturday. The notes are published 10 to 12 days before a release at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases/release-notes-canvas.
Header photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash