Instructure will release updates to our Canvas environment Saturday, April 20, 2019. Notable changes in this release include:
- Conferences has a brand new HTML5-based interface.
- All Conferences features are now handled by the web browser.
- Flash and Java are no longer required for webcam and screen sharing.
- Desktop screen sharing requires Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- It does not support Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers at this time.
- Teachers can enable override final grades using the New Gradebook. This feature is new this semester, and Instructure improved incrementally in the past two months. With this release, the final grade override becomes a course-level setting: all teachers, TAs, and Graders will see the override column if any of them activates it. This release cycle is the first time we are enabling this feature option for course-level activation at Emory.
Click here to view the full Canvas release notes for April 20, 2019. The notes contain more details about these and other changes, a link to a screencast explaining some of the changes contained in the release, a comments section, and role-specific user summaries. You can join in the discussion if you log in to the Canvas Community.
A new release arrives every third Saturday. The notes are published about 12 days before a release at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases/release-notes-canvas.
Header photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash