No. 26. Arguments et al

Last week you heard your peers present, and offered your feedback.  Many of you sent me your feedback.  Before the end of the day today I’ll send the individual emails to everyone with your peers’ comments and suggestions.

In preparation for this week’s presentations, please post a brief paragraph with the following information:

1.  Your hypothesis / argument about sacred spaces
  2. The place or places (physically existent or figuratively imagined) you are going to analyze
  3. The method or methods you are going to deploy to prove your hypothesis
  4. Your tentative conclusion

Please, post by Monday at 10pm.

Join the Conversation

3 Comments

1. For my presentation, my argument is that myths, which have an influence on places considered sacred, are influenced by other cultures which means perceived sacred spaces are indirectly influenced by other cultures. I am going to analyze the Owl Dune and the stories that make it sacred. I a going to employ textual reading, paraphrasing, and comparison in order to prove my hypothesis. My conclusion is that the depiction of the Owl Dune as sacred is due to influence from the myths of other cultures

2. For my presentation my research question is: How does the Tower of Babel influence the sacredness of language?. I will be using textual reading and comparative analysis to answer this question. My hypothesis is “Through the analysis of the concept of sacredness within language, we will argue that the origin myth of Tower of Babel heavily influenced the idea of language as sacred.” I am specifically going to analyze the Tower of Babel, but will also research how the Tower of Babel influenced the sacredness of language all over the world. My tentative conclusion is that the Tower of Babel was a significant agent in increasing the sacredness of language and deeply impacts cross cultural communication, perceptions of our differences, and how we empathize with others.

3. For my presentation my research question is also: How does the Tower of Babel influence the sacredness of language?. I plan to use textual analysis and in depth reading to answer this question. My hypothesis is “Through the analysis of the concept of sacredness within language, we will argue that the origin myth of Tower of Babel heavily influenced the idea of language as sacred.” I plan on specifically examining the Tower of Babel. However I will also endeavor to explore how the Tower of Babel influenced the concept of langauge sacredness. My tentative conclusion is that the Tower of Babel myth greatly affected the concept of language as sacred.