Sessions will address common issues such as:
- Everyone quotes the work of other scholars in their dissertation. As long as the quotes are acknowledged, does this ever raise copyright issues?
- I found a photo online on a public website. Can I include it in my dissertation since everything’s free on the internet?
- Should I pay to register copyright for my dissertation?
- I have this great film clip from the 1940s with images and music that I’d like to include with my dissertation. Are there different copyright rules for different audio-visual formats?
- Chapter 1 of my dissertation has been published in a journal. Is this a problem?