Wenxin Lu Blog8

In my Blog 7, in order to introduce the main point of an article ‘Technology and the Human Limit’, I quoted a sentence from it: “there are both physiological and psychological limitations conditioning human being”. I integrated this primary source by firstly introducing ‘The author believes that…… ’, then connecting it with our actions of overusing machines and expanding into the environment without boundaries in order to illustrate my point “by talking about human limitation, I can analyze the progressing relationship between human and technology better.” By using the template, I can revise my quotation to be: As a writing concerning about human future and technology development, Baker Brownell says that “there are both physiological and psychological limitations conditioning human being”. In other words, Baker believes that we should respect our destined limitation instead of overusing machines to further destroy our environment.

Additionally, in my Blog 2, I talked about how ‘Super Sad True Love Story’ was foreshadowing our future because people were too focused on high tech to notice their over-reliance on electrical devices. In order to describe the situation of people’s addiction to apparat, I quoted one sentence from ‘Amusing Ourselves to Death’: “people hypnotize themselves into addiction to TV.” I integrated this secondary source by introducing that ‘Just as the world described by Neil Postman in ‘Amusing Ourselves to Death’……’ and then connected it with ‘Super Sad True Love Story’ by talking about their difference and similarity. By using the template, I can revise my quotation to be: Writing in his book ‘Amusing Ourselves to Death’, Neil Postman describes that “people hypnotize themselves into addiction to TV.” Basically, Neil is warning that people’s addiction to TV has severely influenced normal life pace and thinking.