John Kim Post #11

While I do not have a concrete idea of how I want to present my final portfolio, I feel its definitely important to display a visible progress and improvement. Thus, I most likely will be including my first blog post, “Eye in the sky” and whatever my last blog post may be. For the “Eye in the sky” blog post I only suggested my opinions on the subject matter without really taking into consideration what others may think of the topic. This is a technique we thoroughly learned in class and one that I believe I have effectively utilized in my later works. With these two blog posts as a starter, I will try and find blog posts that truly reflect the progress I have made during this course.

As for the one of the three outcomes that I want to focus on, I would like to put emphasis on outcome 2. Much of this class has been devoted into learning how to strengthen my own argument by acknowledging and at times rebutting what others may say about my argument. This has included finding works of other scholars to further support my thesis or present a counter argument and denounce it to further validate my points. So I will try and include blog posts where I effectively incorporate the use of the “I say They say” model that has been emphasized so often in class. I feel that the assignment that best reflects this is the researched argument on Frankenstein. Here, finding, analyzing and evaluating the works of other scholars to better support my own argument is a critical element and I strongly feel that this paper will be the best embodiment of my ability to incorporate the ideas of others into my own writing.