Mirdrina Dulcio Blog Post #11

For my final portfolio, I would like to put my literary analysis letter in cover letter because of how much I enjoyed creating a letter in the mind of Eunice. There were a lot of critiques about Eunice’s personality, and I wanted to show in my letter that while she was conforming to the personality that her society wanted to see, she is more intelligent and mature than she wants everyone to see. As a result, out of impulse, she expresses signs of maturity rather than her normal juvenile behavior. I would also like to like to put my Pecha Kucha presentation in my cover letter because it was the one I worked on the hardest because I wanted my artifact to be as deeply analyzed as possible. It was really cool in my opinion of how I was able to make something scary and turn it into an inspirational artifact that shows tactics that the United States still use today. I would also like to include my proposal and annotated bibliography because of how well thought out the paper was before actually writing it. I would also like to include my final paper to show how much I have grown as a writer by the end of the class.

For Outcome 1: My portfolio contains a literary analysis letter in the point of view of Eunice in Super Sad True Love Story. This literary analysis letter allowed me to write as if Eunice is writing in a letter format and not through email. This allowed her to show some of her true inner feelings without technology interfering with it. I also selected some word choice that would show some of her juvenile and also some of her mature side so that the audience can also see a different side of her normal personality through Lenny and technology. The portfolio also contains blog posts where I am either analyzing or getting more information out of a certain topic. The portfolio also contains the Pecha Kucha presentation which is an oral format of participation. The Pecha Kucha presentation was important because it taught me how to plan to make sure that I fit in the time constraints. The genres of my literary writings were mostly analysis because of how this class is based on how you can make up something different from what everyone says. I will include everything but the lesser blog posts that are just summaries because it doesn’t say anything interesting about my writing. The other genres are included because it shows how my writing style changed through the course of the class.