Instructure will release updates to our Canvas environment Saturday, October 27, 2018. Notable changes include:
- Students get more calendar event details and direct Grades link in List View Dashboard.
- Students no longer see Coming Up section in Dashboard and Course Home sidebars. All upcoming tasks will appear in To Do or List View.
- Teachers see improvements in anonymous and moderated grading.
- Teachers see initials for students without profile pictures in Student Context Cards (in People).
- Teachers can try Analytics Beta LTI by adding it to course navigation.
(This tool’s installation is scheduled for Monday October 29th. Click here to read more about this new feature.)
Click here to view the full Canvas release notes for October 27, 2018. The notes contain more details about these and other changes, a link to a screencast explaining some of the changes contained in the release, a comments section, and role-specific user summaries. You can join in the discussion if you log in to the Canvas Community.
A new release arrives every third Saturday. The notes are published 10 to 12 days before a release at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases/release-notes-canvas.