Perspecta has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator, Sr. in Atlanta, GA
The Project Coordinator (Senior) is required to(1) provide high-level coordination, tracking, and reporting for activities of multi-disciplinary project groups that are responsible for the production of web-based or desktop GIS development projects;
(2) coordinate and support the definition of project scope and objectives based on user needs, GRASP GIS capacity, and a thorough understanding of business need and industry requirements;
(3) perform analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications;
(4) provide consultation on projects and facilitate most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment;
(5) communicate with project stakeholders including GRASP and GRASP project partners to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
(6) develop, manage, and report on project timelines that are impacted by complex scientific, technological, and administrative issues;
(7) provide coordination expertise to make certain that projects advance through all project stages to result in successful completion;
(8) prepare or contribute to the preparation of documentation, materials, and/or consultation as required by CDC/ ATSDR policy governing processes required to design, develop, test, implement and maintain systems at the CDC/ATSDR.
Processes include NCEH-ATSDR Enterprise Planning Lifecycle (EPLC) governance and Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process;
(9) perform analysis of georeferenced datasets using established methods and techniques;
(10) produce static and dynamic map products using established cartographic protocols and standards;
(11) process, alter, and manipulate GIS data in preparation for analysis, visualization, desktop automation, and systems integration and provide recommendations to GRASP government staff regarding use of geospatial methods/techniques and the fitness of GIS datasets for particular purposes;
(12) participate in oral and written communications, as needed, to interface with the diverse and multi-disciplinary GRASP staff to obtain clarity in requirements and communicate complex GIS science and technology concepts to GRASP staff and CDC/ATSDR staff who collaborate with GRASP on various projects.
·10+ years (or 5+ years with an advanced degree) of experience facilitating, coordinating, and tracking complex GIS, geospatial technology, and analytic public health projects.
·Experience organizing and coordinating multi-organizational teams and executing effective communication approaches to advance public health projects.
·Ability to adapt project coordination approach to meet the needs of the project team, project goals, CDC/ATSDR policy, and other project variables.
·Experience producing meaningful project artifacts that adhere to industry or organization-specific guidelines.
·Project reporting experience that includes generating and collating project requirements, status reports, other metrics, and/or required reports.
·Familiarity and experience with IMAGINE and the ESRI ArcGIS suite of GIS products and extensions including but not limited to ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Online.
·Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to create thematic maps.
·Familiarity with software products such as Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Google (Maps, Google Earth), and GPS technology as well as Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project, or other project management software.
·Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
·10+ years (or 5+ years with an advanced degree) of experience with GIS data formats including ESRI shapefile/personal geodatabase/file data base, and Google KML/KMZ.
·Familiarity with cartographic concepts such as symbology, visual hierarchy and color, and typography.
·Ability to support increasing the efficiency of existing workflows and assist with developing and/or enhancing tools for geospatial data collection and analysis related to public health.
·Experience with Adobe Flex and Illustrator, Google Earth, Python scripting, the ESRI Flash API, and InstantAtlas is a plus.
·Experience supporting CDC/ATSDR or any Public Health Agency is highly desired.
·BS/BA or MS in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
·Master of Public Health, Business Administration, or related field.
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
To apply, click HERE.