CaREgiving While Black Course
The overall goal of this project is to address the cultural reality of caring for someone living with dementia as a Black person in America. We are aiming to test a highly accessible program designed to enhance the mastery of Black American caregivers to provide care to family members or friends living with a dementia illness.
Eligibility Criteria for Caregivers
- > 18 years of age
- Self-identify as Black/African American
- Family or friend of a person living with dementia
- Primary companion of a person living with dementia during healthcare encounters
- Able to speak, read, and understand English
Preferred Selection Criteria
- Access and ability to use broadband internet services
Honorarium: We will provide $40 gift cards for participation in each baseline and post-intervention interview and each semi-structured interview.
Thank you for your participation in the Caregiving While Black course! Here are the results from the pilot study!
Funded by RRF Foundation for Aging &
UC Davis Betty Irene Moore Fellowship for Nurse Leaders and Innovators