CaREgiving While Black Course
“Caregiving and Racial Considerations during a Pandemic Online Training Education Course”
The overall goal of this project is to address the cultural reality of “CaREgiving while Black” during a public health crisis. We are aiming to develop and prototype-test a highly accessible program designed to enhance the mastery of Black American caregivers to provide care to family members or friends living with a dementia illness in a time of crisis.
Eligibility Criteria for Caregivers
- > 18 years of age
- Self-identify as Black/African American
- Family or friend of a person living with dementia
- Primary companion of a person living with dementia during healthcare encounters
- Able to speak, read, and understand English
Preferred Selection Criteria
- Access and ability to use broadband internet services
Honorarium: We will provide $40 gift cards for participation in each baseline and post-intervention interview and each semi-structured interview.
Funded by Retirement Research Foundation for Aging