- BEST. The BEST program aims to better prepare pre-doctoral and postdoctoral scientists for the breadth of possible careers in the biomedical research workforce and to establish a network, share, evaluate and disseminate widely best practices for the community.
- IMSD. NIH-funded Emory Initiative to Maximize Student Development is a program to help develop skills in all students and is particularly tailored to students from underrepresented groups in the sciences. Training is open to all students.
- Office of Postdoctoral Education. Has regular seminars about careers, mentoring and other aspects of life as a scientist.
- List of all Emory Writing Resources
- Writing Center. Appointments are available with mentors trained to help with science writing.
- Emory Center for Science Education. Has several programs specifically designed around graduate teaching in K-12 settings.
International Student Resources
- Emory International Students and Scholar Services (ISSS) provides a variety of resources for international students to help them deal with the process of moving to Atlanta and settle down. For example, how to fill immigration documents and all kinds of forms, find housing, apply for social security numbers…etc.
- English Language Support Program. ELSP offers speaking and writing courses for students whose first language is not English. Students can also schedule individual writing consultation with instructors.
Graduate Student Groups