General Thoughts on Being a Grad Student
- Mohammad Nour’s Grad101 Guide for First Year Students
- Guidelines for constructive peer review. Ten rules for reviewing manuscripts.
- Designing PowerPoint slides for scientific presentation. A short video outlining key principles for designing effective PowerPoint slides using examples from science presentations.
Networking, CVs and Selling Oneself
- Tweet your Science. A guide to twitter and information on how scientists are using twitter.
- Science Careers: Making the Most of a Conference. Tips on choosing conferences to attend and meeting people once you get there.
- Reference managers: Mendeley, Papers, Zotero, Endnote (for current Emory students: link). Comparison of reference managers
- To-do lists, notes: Evernote, Trello, Toggl (time tracker)
- PDF reading: GoodReader (iOS app), iAnnotate (iOS app), LiquidText (iOS app)