Joining the group

The Koelle Lab is committed to fostering a safe and collaborative environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion are valued. Prospective lab members from all racial, ethnic, religious, social, and economic backgrounds, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ community, are welcome and encouraged to apply.

Prospective undergraduate students: If you are interested in doing research in my group, please email me with a description of your academic interests and how they relate to research being done in my group. Before getting in contact with me, please read a couple of papers from my group (see Publications page) to familiarize yourself with the kind of research we do. I expect a commitment of at least 6 hours a week during the regular semester.

Prospective graduate students: I accept graduate studies through two different graduate programs at Emory:

• Population Biology, Ecology, and Evolution (PBEE)
  • Microbiology and Molecular Genetics (MMG)

Both of these programs have a rotation system in place, where incoming students rotate between 2-4 groups to find a good fit. If you are interested in applying to grad school to potentially join my lab, please email me with a description of your research interests and an up-to-date CV. Please also include any additional information on your quantitative background if it’s not on your CV.

Prospective post-docs: If you’re interested in joining my group, please email me with a description of your research interests, an up-to-date CV, and pdfs of your published papers.