Welcome to ScholarBlogs!

Hello and welcome to ScholarBlogs! This site will serve as home to a few of the Communication Exemplar activities presented to you though out the course. We hope that you will take this opportunity to experience blog-style posting, and also engage in the in-depth discussions that will occur in this communication medium.

Before you get started, take some time to read through the Posting Info page. Although this information is brief, it is critical in the way we organize our blog posts. Most importantly, please remember to:

1. Title your posts with the following format:  Week 2 – Parisi. If you would like to include a “snappier” title following that, it is okay—but please be sure to include the week and your last name.

2. Categorize your posts. This will help your fellow learners sort through discussion, but also help your instructors find your posts when it comes time for grading.

Again, welcome and we hope you make the most of this experience. We look forward to reading your posts and interacting with you!

Best,

Stephanie Parisi & Leah Chuchran

31 thoughts on “Welcome to ScholarBlogs!

1. I am not sure if this is where we are supposed to post our initial reflections to M1. But here is where I am posting it!
    I feel good, excited about the EFOT in general. I still feel like a Johnny-come-lately in trying to keep up with all the other things on my plate and keep up with the assignments. I like Voice Thread, but I’d love to have folks use video if they can. My own instincts about wanting to see the presence of their moving face to connect with each other more has been affirmed in the readings about effectiveness in online classes. It makes sense, no? Engagement is critical, and ways to engage are enhance by not just voice but by seeing people in real time.

I would like to use Voice Thread in my own class. I would use it for introductions. I would use it for students to give presentations, maybe. Not sure I know all the ways it might work. But it is definitely cool!

1. Hi Jenny – since I didn’t set up a category for the optional reflection, this will work just great.

I really enjoyed reading your reflection and seeing your excitement shine through your post. It sounds like you really connected with VoiceThread and it will prove to be a great tool for you. The video feature certainly is an effective way to support a stronger connection between learners and promote a sense of community, though I think audio can be just as effective. Sometimes I feel that audio can be more powerful because the viewer isn’t judging an image of you. What do you think?

2. There is a straightforward way to get a gift card, coupons, discounts, and different types of food items for free. The way is by taking the official customer satisfaction surveys the stores or restaurant management conducted. For example, Wendy’s restaurants are also conducting an online survey at the https://talktowendys.onl/ website to take their customer’s feedback to improve their services. If you win the survey at Wendys’s restaurant, you will get a sandwich for free.

2. I am really excited about EFOT. I feel like we are really taking time to roll into the environment and get accustomed to the feel. As far as VT, I could really see a variety of applications. I too might have liked to see more videos rather than audio, so I will try to do that next time. Regarding judging, we might do that at first, but will enough facetime that will go away. I also did not create my settings initially and got notified every time someone posted, which was too much. I think as a learner I can take responsibility to check without the automated notification.

3. The first week of class was an interesting one for me. As I mentioned in one of my VoiceThread “posts” (is that the right word?), my graduate program was online, but purely through traditional conference forums. I thought having a voice with each post would add a lot of personality and make the class more engaging. As it turns out, it had two effects, good and bad. On the positive, it absolutely made everyone feel more salient for me which is a huge plus in the online learning environment. On the downside, I found myself struggling to ‘wait’ on the speakers. One big advantage of text posts is they are quick to read and process. Spoken communication is simply much slower, and I found that this was causing distractions for me (not a difficult task, trust me). This is something I would certainly want to keep in the forefront of my mind when using it in class. It seems like it could provide a lot of value interspersed, but honestly if it was the primary means of communication, I would find it challenging.

I would add that the ability to interact with the visuals was a nice plus. A few people made use of it when referencing the chart, and I can see some excellent possibilities in that regard both as a teacher and a student.

It was lovely to get to meet everyone, and I’m looking forward to more.
    Joseph Drasin

4. เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ askmebet สล็อตเเตกง่าย เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ลิขสิทธิ์เเท้ 100% ทางเข้าเล่นหลักสล็อออนไลน์ เว็บไซต์สุดทันสมัย ใช้งานง่าย ไม่เด้ง ไม่หลุด เกมสสล็อตออนไลน์เล่นง่าย ได้เงินชัวร์ 100% ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ ถอนไม่อั้น ไม่ต้องทำเทิร์น เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ ฝาก-ถอน AUTO 24 ชั่วโมง สมัครสล็อต ฝาก100รับ200 ถอนได้จริง 100%

5. What a post I’ve been looking for! I’m very happy to finally read this post. 토토 Thank you very much. Can I refer to your post on my website? Your post touched me a lot and helped me a lot. If you have any questions, please visit my site and read what kind of posts I am posting. I am sure it will be interesting.

6. hi,
    What a post I’ve been looking for! I’m very happy to finally read this post. Thank you very much. Can I refer to your post on my website? Your post touched me a lot and helped me a lot. If you have any questions, please visit visit
    site . I am sure it will be interesting.

7. Merci pour un autre excellent article. Où d’autre pourrait-on obtenir ce genre d’information d’une façon aussi parfaite d’écrire? J’ai un exposé la semaine prochaine, et je suis à la recherche d’une telle information.

https://www.texasholdemsite.info/

8. تعد خدمات التنظيف أمرًا ضروريًا في حياتنا اليومية، حيث يلزمنا الحفاظ على بيئة نظيفة وصحية في منازلنا ومكاتبنا. إذا كنت تعيش في الرياض وتبحث عن شركة تنظيف موثوقة ومحترفة، فأنت محظوظ لأنه يوجد العديد من خدمات التنظيف الممتازة المتاحة في المدينة. تقدم شركة كلينر خدمات التنظيف في الرياض خدمات متنوعة وعالية الجودة لتلبية احتياجاتك وتوفير بيئة نظيفة تعزز الراحة والصحة شركة تنظيف بالرياض