- DANC 127: World Dance Forms
- Course Description: Students will study a world dance form, learning the basic techniques, movement vocabulary, and a dance or dances indicative of the form. The material will be further explored through historical, cultural and political perspectives. This course culminates in a performance or lecture demonstration. Required course for dance and movement studies majors. May be taken up to three times for credit.
- Topics Include: African Dance, Flamenco
- Frequently Taught By: Theresa Howard, Julie Baggenstoss
- DANC 211: Tango: Argentina’s Art Form
- Course Description: This course for music and dance students to study Argentine tango in Buenos Aires will intersect scholarly studies of tango history and culture with performance practice. It will provide an authentic, holistic learning experience for students to understand how theory and practice inform each other. Music and dance majors and minors only, or by permission of instructor with letter of recommendation by a music or dance professor.
- Frequently Taught By: Kristin F. Wendland