Much Ado About Nothing Response

Much Ado About Nothing is a play with uplifting, loving characters. I really enjoyed the characterizations of the protagonists and antagonists. I liked how the chemistry between Claudio and Hero built up really fast (typical Shakespeare play), and how Don John’s the character to ruin the happiness set for the other characters.

Even though Claudio and Hero’s romance is the central focus of the play, Benedick and Beatrice’s side opposing romance have a change of pace from the typical ‘love at first sight’ romance. It was enjoyable to see how even though they continuously argue about their contrasting ideas, they loved each other. Even though they aren’t on good terms at first, it reminded me of two good friends who clash against each other but also care deeply for another. The buildup in their relationship is different from Shakespeare’s other play such as Romeo and Juliet or Midsummer Night’s Dream.

The visual for this film was how I imagined it to be. It seemed a little modern than how I imagined it, but I liked the casting for the film. It was fun to see the chemistry between the romantic interests as well as the dark aura created by Don John. I never read the play, but if I ever get the chance, I would like to read the play to understand and absorb in the theme and background set by Shakespeare.

16. June 2016 by Hannah Lee
Categories: Uncategorized | 1 comment

One Comment