My work among Gebusi has bas been deepened and updated through ethnographic fieldwork among them again in 2016 and 2017, including with French co-researcher, Dr. Anne-Sylvie Malbrancke.
It has been a privilege to live with Gebusi in the rainforest of Papua New Guinea in 1980-82, 1998, 2008, and 2013 as well as more recently. The fifth edition of The Gebusi (2022) is greatly updated with fresh perspectives – and has a wide range of resources that can be accessed online as listed below, along with other links.
Concerning the Gebusi 5e, click HERE for book order information. A complementary instructor’s copy can be ordered HERE.
The front and back of The Gebusi 5th edition e-Flyer can be accessed HERE and HERE.
- Who are the Gebusi?
- Front and back Gebusi 5th edition book cover
- Preface & Table of contents
- Gebusi response to El Nino drought: “The Famine Feast” (2016)
- Gebusi video modules online
- Gebusi narrated photo presentations I-IV (updated 2021)
- Book chapter (2021): Reflections on Four Decades of Work among Gebusi
- Gebusi kinship and social organization as presented in Gebusi 4th edition Chapter 4 – for instructors and others who wish to have ongoing free access to this material
- Photo gallery of Gebusi, chapter-by-chapter
- Broader Connections highlighted terms Index for The Gebusi 5th edition
- Chapter-by-chapter study questions and thought questions for Gebusi 4e
- Notes for The Gebusi 4/E
- References for The Gebusi 4/E
Additional Gebusi links and resources:
- Gebusi string band, church, and traditional music (2008 & 1980-82)
- Articles and Chapters re: Gebusi
- Comprehensive ethnographies of Gebusi
- Gebusi Publications List