Note: My work among Gebusi is being further updated and intensified by the results of new ethnographic fieldwork among them in the summers of 2016 and 2017.
It has been a privilege to live with Gebusi in the rainforest of Papua New Guinea in 1980-82, 1998, 2008, 2013, 2016, and 2017. Tthe 4th of edition of The Gebusi (2016) has a wide range of resources that can be accessed online as listed below, along with other links.
Concerning The Gebusi 4th edition: click HERE for book order information — including a brochure that allows faculty to easily obtain a complementary copy to consider for course adoption
- Photo gallery of Gebusi, chapter-by-chapter
- Chapter-by-chapter study questions and thought questions
- Notes for The Gebusi 4/E
- References for The Gebusi 4/E
- Broader Connections highlighted terms Index for The Gebusi 4/E
Additional instructor resources are available on the Waveland Press Gebusi 4/E website , including examination questions concerning the book and also concerning the Gebusi online video teaching modules posted above.
Additional Gebusi links and resources:
- Gebusi string band, church, and traditional music (2008 & 1980-82)
- Articles and Chapters re: Gebusi
- Comprehensive ethnographies of Gebusi
- Gebusi Publications List