Applications are now open for the Digital Scholarship Internship Program (DSIP) at the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship (ECDS). Apply online before August 29, 2018.
The DSIP presents an opportunity for graduate students to learn digital scholarship skills, theories, and methods relating to research and pedagogy. Students work regular shifts at the center helping faculty, staff, and students with digital research and pedagogy-related questions. In addition, students are paired with research projects in their area of interest and learn the necessary skills while gaining valuable experience in digital scholarship.
The program’s training and professional development opportunities are designed to prepare all ECDS students to be successful in careers within, alongside, and beyond the academy and include:
- Training and teaching workshops
- Creating training materials
- Attending digital scholarship tools and methods trainings
- Attaining digital credentialing across tools and methods in digital scholarship, ensuring students can illustrate the skills they have learned in ECDS.
Students, as paid graduate employees (starting at $14/hour), are expected to work 8 hours per week in the center and can work on personal research when not training, assisting faculty and staff, or working on ECDS projects. The program offers opportunities for advancement, increased responsibility, and substantial CV-building.
Contact Anandi Silva Knuppel with any questions at anandi [dot] silva [dot] knuppel [at] emory [dot] edu.
- Applications are now open via Google Forms here: https://goo.gl/forms/dLIPbN0h1roF1CyI3.
- Applications are due by Wednesday, August 29. ECDS will interview candidates shortly thereafter and will look to hire students to begin in early-mid September.