Research Associate, East Tennessee State University
Category : Alumni
ETSU is a Doctoral Research Intensive university with more than 15,000 students. ETSU is located in the Johnson City metropolitan area, an economic and healthcare hub nestled in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. The region surrounding the university is home to beautiful rivers, mountain streams, State and National Parks, excellent public and private schools, and a wide variety of cultural offerings.
Our department is one of five academic units in the CEPH-accredited College of Public Health. The College is home to a diverse range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs, research centers, and projects. Faculty enjoy collaborative relationships with four other health-related colleges within the University’s Academic Health Sciences Center, the Mountain Home VA Medical Center, and the region’s public health and health care systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and experience in quantitative research and evaluation methodologies for the social sciences.
• Demonstrated ability to use SAS, STATA, or R statistical software packages for data management and analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate statistical methods for complex research designs involving cross-sectional and/or longitudinal data.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems and SQL programming.
• Demonstrated proficiency using computer programs for word processing, presentation, data entry, and data analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to manage large datasets with data management best practice methods.
• Demonstrated proficiency in scientific and technical writing and program evaluation.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to prepare manuscripts and evaluation reports for publication and dissemination.
• Ability to coordinate multiple resources and tasks.
• Possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work productively with multiple audiences including faculty, staff, and students.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an essential member of a highly functioning and diverse research team.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.