The Emory community has access to a wealth of business research databases. This series highlights many of these great resources, including content and the best applications for classes and career prep.
What You Will Find
EIU Viewpoint combines expert global political insights, policy analysis, economic assessments and forecasted data. Viewpoint industry coverage includes automotive, consumer goods, energy, financial services, healthcare, and telecommunications.
The content includes:
- Forecasts for the global economy
- Political and economic analysis
- Medium-term and long-term country forecasts
- Key trends shaping ~80 major economies
- Industry analysis and data
- Demand and supply outlook, and industry analysis for for six major industries (Automotive, Consumer Goods, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Telecommunications)
- Commodity forecasts
- Supply, demand and prices of 25 critical goods
- Macro-economic indicators database
- Economic data series up to 320 variables per economy
- Measures of the attractiveness of the business environment
This EIU Viewpoint training video provides tips on navigating the site.
Use for Class Projects
The Economist Intelligence Unit is a highly respected source of global business news and insights that can be help you make informed recommendations. For example, healthcare industry insight includes pharmaceutical sales from 2017-2026 broken out by world regions. It also includes forecast and analysis for market segments such as healthcare spending, healthcare provision, pharma and biotech, and disease trends. You can focus further on healthcare policy and other industry themes. Utilizing sources like EIU Viewpoint is a great way to provide credible information for your research.
Use for Interview Prep
EIU Viewpoint is a great way to keep up with trends in your industry of interest, which can be extremely helpful for your interview preparation. The data and analysis in EIU Viewpoint helps demonstrate you are well informed about the challenges and opportunities facing the industry, and can also help you identify questions you may want to ask the interviewer about their industry.
Additional Business Resources
You can also use the Business Research Guide to locate additional business resources, locate tips for how to use them, and understand which are best for your specific research needs.