Y2K Hoax Podcast

For our second assignment I’ve decided to discuss the effects of the Y2K hoax and how it successfully many going into the 21st century. I’ve decided to keep a very laid back and informal tone, similar to that in the Sawbones podcast. I believe that more of an informal, conversation setting will allow listeners to stay engaged, as though they are actually a part of the discussion. I find that more formal linguistics allow the audience to become more distant. I would also like to incorporate ‘guest speakers’ to obtain different perspectives about the hoax itself. Due to the fact that I know of people who were directly involved with this hoax (parents, grandparents), it would be interesting if I could incorporate their experiences with the Y2K hoax. Overall, I would like to create the most realistic podcast possible, establishing an atmosphere that enables it to sound as though it came from an actual broadcast.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Y2K Hoax Podcast

1. Lindsey Grubbs says:

This is a great idea, Rachel. I remember being *terrified* on New Years Eve 1999. Upon reflection, maybe a little silly.

This will be an interesting one, too, because it’s not entirely clear how much of it was a hoax, and how much of it was people genuinely worried about how computer systems would handle it, right? So if you’re going to analysis, you’ll have a really rich mine there.