Foster on OERs – useful for creativity which inspires engagement

I heard about OERs when my Emory faculty colleagues Erin Lepp and Weihua Zhang encouraged me to join their team last May to learn about OERs. I was so busy I could not attend all the sessions, so I only understood it piecemeal. But now we are committed to completing an OER about service learning and community engaged learning for Emory, or elsewhere. I am still sort of flying in the dark as we develop it.

So I ended up choosing the Hewlett Foundation Database from the Read+Resources area. In their OERs that are about global development, I found an OER about unsafe abortion that would serve  very well for my maternity as well as my birth and global health class. This is the link: http://www.hewlett.org/programs/global-development-population/us-reproductive-health.

I can see students viewing them, making them, remixing them, as long as they follow the licensing rules by Creative Commons. There is a lot of room for creativity while learning.

I have used Course Reserves for students to link to important readings. But I have not paid much attention in the f2f classes regarding videos or images. I know for the online environment this would need to change.

I am excited to encourage everyone including myself to use the Creative Commons databases. But this is new shift for me, so I will keep at it.

About Jenny Foster RN/MPH/CNM/PhD

I am a nurse-midwife and an anthropologist, and my passion is improving the health of women and their babies globally. I walk on the borders of different disciplines: nursing, midwifery, anthropology, public health. Much of the work I have done globally has been in Latin America or the Caribbean.

64 thoughts on “Foster on OERs – useful for creativity which inspires engagement

1. Thanks for sharing your experience, Jenny. How did you approach teaching/informing your learners about Creative Commons licensing?

1. Well, actually we are running an academic learning community and in our final class on April 22, we will discuss. But thanks for reminding!
      Jenny

2. I think it is really great that you found an OER that would support your teaching goals as it relates to midwifery. I am impressed with the variety of OERs available.

3. I liked as much as you will receive carried out proper here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you would like be turning in the following. ill undoubtedly come more beforehand again since precisely the similar just about very regularly inside of case you shield this hike.

4. Wir bieten deutschen Top Traffic zu guten preisen. Unser Service setzt auf Qualität und nicht auf Quantität. Google Traffic, mobile Traffic oder sogar Keyword Traffic für ihre Webseite. Steigern des Alexa Rankings und der Sichtbarkeit in Google oder anderen Suchmaschinen. Jetzt unser Angebot testen zum kleinen Preis, denn schreiben kann man viel!
    Traffic kaufen

5. I appreciate your valuable post. The article is very concise and neatly organized, so it fits more easily in the head. I hope to see your good posts again in the future. Thank you again 🙂

6. A scalp vein set called a “Scalp Van Infusion Set” is perfect for injecting tiny volumes of infusion solutions into blood samples. Pediatrics and the treatment of individuals with contractures both regularly employ it. The disposable scalp vein set suppliers are used for venipuncture and intravenous infusions.

7. Christmas Gift Suppliers worldwide supplies the best gifts for Christmas Eve. A gift given in observance of Christmas is known as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or Twelfth Night, the final day of the twelve-day Christmas season, gifts are frequently exchanged.

8. register now situs judi to get a very profitable win right, playing slot88 will make you feel the pleasure of this chaos, register now and enjoy its capabilities.

9. Play on the world’s newest and best server, namely the Thai server, which effectively increases your win rate when playing online slots and of course it’s easy to win raja slot .

10. Poker is a card game that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for centuries. It is a game of skill, strategy, and luck, and is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. There are many variations of poker, but the most popular form is Texas Hold’em.

11. Wow itu aneh. Saya baru saja menulis komentar yang sangat panjang tetapi setelah saya
    diklik kirim komentar saya tidak muncul. Grrrr… yah, saya tidak akan menulis semua itu lagi.

https://www.texasholdemsite.info/
    Apapun, hanya ingin mengatakan blog yang fantastis!

12. Strong blog. I acquired several nice info. I?ve been keeping a watch on this technology for a few time. It?utes attention-grabbing the method it retains totally different, however many of the primary components remain a similar. have you observed a lot change since Search engines created their own latest purchase in the field?

13. Čo používa platforma WordPress pre vašu blogovú platformu? Vo svete blogov som nový, ale snažím sa začať a založiť si vlastný. Potrebujete na vytvorenie vlastného blogu nejaké znalosti kódovania?

https://www.texasholdemsite.info/
    Akákoľvek pomoc by bola skutočne ocenená!

14. ดูจากสถิติการแตก เราสามารถดูได้จากสถิติการแตกของเกมแต่ละเกม ว่าเกมไหนแตกบ่อย แตกง่าย เกมไหนแตกนานแล้ว เกมไหนยังไม่แตกเลยทางเข้าเล่นเกมสล็อตpg

15. We understand the importance of personalized learning, which is why our website includes adaptive learning tools that assess students’ strengths and weaknesses, allowing them to progress at their own pace and receive targeted support.

تسليك مجاري الكويت