Each year, the Emory Center for Faculty Development and Excellent highlights faculty book authors in the their Feast of Words celebration: https://cfde.emory.edu/news-events/news/2021/december/feast-of-words-2021.html
This year’s highlights include 12 titles from 14 individual Health Sciences Faculty authors and editors.
- Benardot, Dan (Center for the Study of Human Health). Advanced Sports Nutrition. 3rd Edition. Human Kinetics.
- Buettner, Jennifer (Emory Healthcare). Fast Facts for the ER Nurse, 4th edition. Springer.
- Celano, Marianne (Psychiatry), Ann Hazzard (Pediatrics, emerita), and Marietta Collins (Psychology). Something Happened In Our Park: Standing Together After Gun Violence. Magination.
- Coburn, Caroline (Nursing), Deena Gilland (Nursing), and Beth Ann Swan (Nursing). Perspectives in Ambulatory Care Nursing. Wolters Kluwer.
- Cunningham, Tim (Nursing), Dorrie Fontaine, and Natalie May. Self-Care for New and Student Nurses. Sigma.
- Dent, Bob (Nursing) and Joe Tye. Building a Culture of Ownership in Healthcare: The Invisible Architecture of Core Values, Attitude, and Self-Empowerment. 2nd Edition. Sigma.
- Hall, Randy (Pharmacology and Chemical Biology) and Robert J. Lefkowitz. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Stockholm: The Adrenaline-Fueled Adventures of an Accidental Scientist. Pegasus.
- Im, Eun-Ok (Nursing) and Afaf Meleis, eds. Situation specific theories: Development, utilization, and evaluation in nursing. Springer Nature.
- Luhanga, Ulemu (Medicine) and Allen G. Harbaugh, eds. Basic Elements of Survey Research in Education: Addressing the Problems Your Advisor Never Told You About. Information Age.
- Newman, Nancy (Neurology and Ophthalmology), Joseph Jankovic, John Mazziotta, and Scott Pomeroy, eds. Bradley and Daroff’s Neurology in Clinical Practice. 8th edition. Elsevier.
- Oster, Cynthia (Nursing) and Jane Braaten. High Reliability Organizations: A Healthcare Handbook for Patient Safety and Quality. 2nd edition. Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Oster, Cynthia (Nursing) and Jane Braaten. Student Workbook High Reliability Organizations: A Healthcare Handbook for Patient Safety and Quality. 2nd edition. Sigma Theta Tau International.
Hyperlinks are provided for faculty authored books that are currently available in our library collections. Additional book links will become available in the New Year.