This page contains all relevant information related to Emory Libraries current operations and response to the COVID-19 outbreak including updates to operations, access to remote services, and other helpful links.
Changes to Operations
- Hours: As of 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20, we will close all library buildings to all visitors, including the Emory community.
- Access and Borrowing Services: Please visit Access and Borrowing Updates for Woodruff Library for changes to carrel and study access, due dates, fines policies, and returns.
- Services: Many Emory Libraries services remain available. For more information please visit Emory Libraries COVID-19 Remote Services and Contingency Plans for Users. You can also visit the following Emory Libraries pages for more information:
- IT Support: IT support for the Emory community can be found at http://help.emory.edu/ or by calling the University Service desk at 404-727-7777. Students can contact the Student Technology Support desk for assistance with technical issues related to the transition to remote learning as well as the normal level of support.
- Gifts: The Libraries are asking donors to refrain from delivering gifts during this time.
Changes to Events
- In accordance with current Emory University policy, all library public programs have been canceled or rescheduled. Please check the Emory Libraries’ Events page for updates.