Ever since Emory became part of the city of Atlanta, all Emory University students, faculty and staff* are eligible to get a Fulton Public Library System (FPLS) card. And we are making it easy for you to do that right here on campus by partnering with FPLS.
Get your card at the Pop-up Public Library Card Drive on Wednesday March 4 from 11am to 3pm in the Robert W. Woodruff Library near the Library Service Desk. Oscar Gittemeier, Outreach Librarian with FPLS, will be handing out cards on the spot — and renewing cards for those who got them last year.
Of course, you already have access to an amazing array of resources through the Emory Libraries, but getting an Atlanta Fulton Public Library System card just expands those options. Here’s some of what you have access to:
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks, movies, music, and magazines
- Free online practice tests for the MCAT, LSAT, GRE, CLEP, TOEFL, SAT, and ACT
- Language learning through Mango languages
- Business and Consumer Data
- Passes to the Atlanta Zoo, State Park passes, and museum passes
- Meeting Rooms at 34 branches throughout the city
If you can’t make the Pop-Up Public Library Card Drive on March 4, don’t fret. You can always take your Emory ID to one of the AFPLS branch libraries and get your card there. Hope to see you March 4!