Welcome back, instructors! The spring semester is almost here, and Emory Libraries wanted to share the contacts, resources, and services that we offer in support of your courses.
As always, please reach out to your library if you need any assistance.
- Emory Libraries Instructional Services: Learn about how you can get support from the Libraries for your class. Remember, subject librarians and informationists are always happy to meet with you to discuss options for course materials and assignments!
- Emory’s Teaching Toolkit: This includes a wide range of content on designing and developing an online course, including crafting assignments and selecting course materials. The Teaching Toolkit includes content from the Center for Faculty Development and Excellence, Emory Libraries, Academic Technology Services, and Emory College.
- Teaching with Canvas: Learn how to use Canvas, Emory’s learning management system; schedule an appointment with a member of the Canvas Support / Instructional Technology and Design team or attend a Canvas trainings; and contact support.
- For assistance with open educational resources, e-books, streaming videos, or research assignments, appointments with librarians/informationists are available:
- Contact subject librarians for the College of Arts and Sciences and Laney Graduate School
- Contact informationists for Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Public Health
- Contact law librarians for the Law School
- Contact business librarians for Goizueta School of Business
- Contact theology librarians for Candler School of Theology
- Contact Oxford librarians for Oxford College
- For help incorporating rare books, manuscripts, and archives into your class, contact the Rose Library at rose [dot] library [at] emory [dot] edu or request instruction support
- For assistance with student learning accommodations, please contact Emory’s Department of Accessibility Services.
- Instructors can get assistance with course reserves, including placing course readings on e-reserves which are integrated into your Canvas course, by contacting the appropriate reserves staff:
- Woodruff Library, reserves [at] emory [dot] edu
- Business Library, gbsreserves [at] emory [dot] edu
- Law Library, lawcirc [at] emory [dot] edu
- Oxford College Library, oxreserves [at] emory [dot] edu
- Pitts Theology Library, theologyreserves [at] emory [dot] edu
- Health Sciences Library, medref [at] listserv [dot] cc [dot] emory [dot] edu
- Request materials through Library Search
- Make copyrighted materials available to your classes via Course Reserves
- Find, request, or recommend streaming video
- Request specific materials for purchase such as DVDs, books and e-books
- Request materials not owned by Emory Libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Request a research instruction session for your spring students
- Make an appointment or research consultation with Rose Library Services
Have a great spring semester!