Commencement Weekend at Emory University is such a busy time, with so many events going on, that it can get overwhelming for graduates and visitors alike. We at the Emory Libraries recommend escaping to the Woodruff Library to refresh, regroup, and relax a bit before rejoining the crowds and the festivities. Here are the top five reasons why you should come in and see us.
1. It’s nice and quiet, so you can escape the hubbub between activities.
2. Stroll through the excellent Beat generation exhibition in the Schatten Gallery (extended through June 19) on Level 3, or admire the creativity in the artists’ books exhibit in the display cases on Level 2.
3. Cool A/C, free wi-fi and clean bathrooms with no waiting in line!
4. Relax in the comfy seating on the main floor or first floor and recharge your phone. (Some furniture pieces even have outlets in them!)
5. Take a trip up to Level 10 and enjoy the awesome birds-eye view and the downtown Atlanta skyline from the Rose Library’s two balconies, from the Atlanta-facing side and the campus-facing side. Rose is open Saturday 5/12 from 9-5; closed Sunday 5/13; and open Monday 5/14 from 9-5 (but the Atlanta-facing balcony is open noon to 5 that day due to a late morning private reception).
And two more reasons to visit other campus libraries and LITS locations:
Enjoy, and congratulations to the class of 2018!