DIRECTIONS: Record the sentences below, being careful to produce the verb endings clearly and correctly. In addition, make sure that the verb is stressed and the auxiliary (be) is reduced.
Group 1: Add /∂d/or /Id/, a new UNSTRESSED syllable
- The mixture is heated to 96 degrees Celsius.
- This process is divided into two major parts.
- This step is operated in a sterile environment.
Group 2: Add /d/, no new syllable, consonant ONLY
- The healthy condition of the animal can then be confirmed.
- These can be classified into 2 types.
- Each clinical trial design is composed of 3 steps.
Group 3: Add /t/, no new syllable, consonant ONLY
- The nucleic acid of the virus is released.
- The cells are mixed gently with a syringe.
- This risk can be reduced to as low as 1%.
Then, record 3 sentences from your own presentation that have “-ed” endings.