Community Bucket is an Atlanta-based 501c3 nonprofit organization that is on a mission to build stronger communities through high impact volunteer experiences. We envision a world where volunteering is a catalyst for young professionals to feel connected to each other and engaged in their communities.
We are driven by our simple belief in the promise of Service Made Social.
Our core values are Fun, Quality, Camaraderie and Collaboration.
And we are hiring our first Full-Time Executive Director to bring our organization to the next level.
We have been making an impact since 2012, but we only became an official 501(c)3 nonprofit in 2018. We are hiring an Executive Director to bring much needed growth and sustainability to our organization. With proper leadership and the addition of staff support, we will be able to amplify our impact many-fold over the coming years.
Currently, we are on track to double our footprint in Atlanta from 2018 to 2019. We have also piloted expansion into new cities, and we are expanding our initiatives to engage businesses in more relevant ways.
Our mission is set, and we are looking for the right person to take charge, fuel our growth, and share in turning our vision into a reality for nonprofits and young professional volunteers everywhere.
In this role, the Executive Director will have ownership over the following areas:
1. Fundraising: Expanding our capacity through grant funding, corporate sponsorships, and fee-for-service events (e.g. company volunteer days) is a central part of this role.
2. Program Execution: Quality volunteering and social events are at the core of what we do. Working with our nonprofit partners and social venues to create continually improved events is essential.
3. Volunteer Management: We incorporate the community into our work, relying on people to volunteer for tasks such as project captains, logistics support, marketing assistance, etc. Effectively managing and supporting these volunteers to continually increase capacity is also essential to the role.
The Skills and Background We’re Seeking
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience – ideally with a background in the nonprofit sector (experience outside of the nonprofit space is also welcome)
• Demonstrated ability to fundraise through a blend of corporate sponsorships, grant funding, and individual giving campaigns
• Successful program management experience (both strategic and tactical)
• Excellent communicator
• Results-oriented mindset
• Comfort in a self-directed, autonomous role with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven experience with directing teams of volunteers and/or managing staff
• Ability to think big picture, while also able to zoom in on the little details, interchangeably
A person who is mission-driven, highly organized, radically open-minded, and unafraid to take risks will be best suited for this role!
Year 1 Responsibilities
• Relationship development with corporate partners, foundations, and other funding institutions to bring financial sustainability to the organization
• Event execution in Atlanta & supporting pilot city chapters in their event execution
• Alliance building with partner organizations
• Cultivating and maintaining a strong network of volunteer assistants for our events, and other committee tasks
• Ensuring we meet our strategic goals for the year as an organization
As Executive Director, you will be managed and guided by the Board of Directors.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.