Epidemiologist / Statistical Programmer, Leidos
Category : Alumni
Leidos has opening for a self-motivated and detail oriented Epidemiologist/Statistical Programmer to work in in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Provide ad hoc analyses of surveillance data, analyses to support programmatic activities, and preparation of research papers or reports for publication and presentation. This project requires strong epidemiological, statistical, and SAS programming expertise, and experience in geospatial analysis using SAS. The position is located in Atlanta, GA and the duration is for 10 months.
This task requires:
- Understanding and application of general statistical approaches including multivariate techniques (logistic regression, generalized linear models, proportional hazards modeling);
- Strong SAS programming skills;
- Orderly management of microcomputer files in a Windows environment to develop databases and analysis programs for data analysis;
- Statistical analysis of large data;
- Developing statistical reports and visualizing data in SAS;
- Using PROC REPORT and other report production features of SAS;
- Importing, exporting, and manipulating data files (SAS,), including recoding, transforming, and creating variables to accommodate analytic needs;
- Provide geospatial analysis of data using SAS;
- Performing other analytical and data related duties, as needed.
Required Skills and Education
- Education: MS, MPH, MSPH in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, or Math
- Applicants must have 4-8 years of statistical programming experience using SAS with large datasets, including SAS macro programming and design of data management systems for error checking and automated processes in SAS and SAS report writing
- Experience with geospatial analysis using SAS
- Technical experience with data management, data manipulation, dataset creation, data analysis and report generation.
- Experience developing analysis plans and statistical reports.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience with the analysis of public health epidemiologic data
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about the above position, please email Anshuman Garg (Anshuman [dot] Garg [at] mastechdigital [dot] com) with an updated resume. Please be sure to include the following information in your expression of interest for this position:
- Current Location
- Currently on project (Yes/No)
- If Yes, then reason for change
- Availability to join new job
- Ready to relocate to client site (if not local)
- Work Authorization Status
- Current Pay rate
- Expected Pay rate (W2)