Evaluation Specialist, Tanaq (Remote)
Category : Alumni
Tanaq Support Services (TSS) delivers professional, scientific, and technical services and information technology (IT) solutions to federal agencies in health, agriculture, technology, and other government services. TSS is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation (SGT), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Tanaq native community and shareholders.
About the Role
We are seeking an Evaluation Specialist II to contribute to and lead a two-phased, qualitative evaluation with the Division of HIV Prevention’s Translation and Evaluation Branch for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The role will provide technical and project leadership for impact and/or performance evaluations across technical areas with a focus on the progress of CDC-funded community-based organizations (CBOs) to implement Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services (ARTAS) and achieve the outcomes of the intervention, such as linking persons newly diagnosed with HIV to medical care.
- Support the review of existing literature, CDC, and non-CDC data resources, reviewing the existing evidence base of ARTAS implementation, patterns in linking newly diagnosed people with HIV to care, and RE-AIM assessment tools.
- Develop evaluation plans, data collection tools, abstraction tool/coding, analyze using NVivo, and draft reports on CBO evaluation data. The Evaluation Specialist II will work with a team to develop qualitative data collection tools, coordinate data collection, and conduct an analysis of both the quantitative and qualitative data. . The suite of data collection tools developed for may include 1) an abstraction template/coding for analyzing information from existing sources, 2) an online survey with closed-ended and open-ended questions, and 3) focus group and/or interview/question guides with open-ended questions, probes, and structured response questions for obtaining information about respondent characteristics.
- Provide consultation based on data analysis and findings to support to the project as needed.
- Develop data dissemination resources, including presentation slides and development of informational webinars.
- Provide programmatic support and coordination to include communication and collaboration with CDC staff and external grantees.
- Provide leadership and training support for contract staff on qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and techniques for the purposes of process and outcome evaluations.
- Support meeting logistics, agenda development and note-taking.
- Collaborate with contract program manager to develop a project work plan and be responsible for timely completion of deliverables to meet the needs of the funder and program manager.
Required Experience and Skills
- Must possess excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills and abilities, as well as effective verbal/written communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- 5-7 years of experience leading data analytics projects
- Strong experience with qualitative analysis statistical software, including strong working knowledge of NVivo software, Excell, and excellent data communication and visualization skills.
- Strong background performing literature reviews and qualitative data analysis including statistical methods.
- Strong experience coding, validating, cleaning, and analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Experience serving as a consultant (internal or external) on analytic projects.
- The ability to provide technical assistance to internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Experience supporting and/or conducting literature, program and resource reviews and reporting findings.
- Strong writing and presentation skills and well as experience visualizing data and writing data analysis summary reports.
- 2-5 years of experience working with/in the CDC strongly preferred.
- Ability to obtain a government clearance.
Education and Training
- Master of Public Health required (PhD preferred), with a concentration in Epidemiology, Program Monitoring and Evaluation or Data Analysis preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May need to lift 25 pounds occasionally.
Who We Are
Tanaq Support Services strives to deeply understand and analyze our client’s vision, needs, and requirements so we may provide alternative solutions, empowering them to choose the best resolution. We aim to achieve excellence by delivering on our commitments to our clients, employees, and partners.
TSS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact us for assistance.
For more information and to apply, please click here.