Health Services and Facilities Consultant, Florida Department of Health
Category : Alumni
Your Specific Responsibilities:
This is a highly responsible professional position that requires training, expertise, and experience in public health policy analysis, program evaluation, and statistical analysis. The incumbent will perform epidemiologic analysis, using data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, Florida Youth Surveys, and other secondary data sources to increase the knowledge and understanding of patterns and determinants of chronic disease morbidity and mortality, including tobacco-related conditions, maternal and child health indicators, and health risk behaviors. Programs designed to prevent, reduce, and control chronic disease will also be analyzed and evaluated using epidemiologic and statistical techniques in conjunction with other evaluation and analytic methods.
This position is located in the Division of Community Health Promotion, Public Health Research Epidemiology Section. Public Health Research Unit includes epidemiologic programs, such as the Environmental Public Health Tracking (EPHT) Program, the Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS), Florida Birth Defects Registry (FBDR), Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), Occupational Health and Safety Program (OHSP), the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), and Florida Youth Surveys. The Public Health Research Section has been tasked with providing guidance and expertise to staff conducting research in the Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) 1: Experience analyzing data using statistical software programs
- KSA 2: Experience analyzing public health data
- KSA 3: Experiencing developing, communicating, and disseminating results
- KSA 4: Experience writing peer-reviewed journal articles and scientific presentations
- KSA 5: Experience with biostatistics, epidemiology, and/or research and surveillance
- Ability to perform statistical analysis using statistical software such as SAS and SUDAAN.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to complete assignments on time and correctly.
- Masters-level training in epidemiology, statistics, or a related field of public health.
- Knowledge of database structure and design.
- Ability to organize data into logical formats for presentations, reports, publications and other written materials.
- Ability to update and create new coding.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Previous experience in public health and statistics.
This job posting closes on 08/06/2021. To learn more and apply click here!