Research Scientist, Westchester Medical Center
Category : Alumni
The Research Scientist will perform and lead the research efforts by identifying research gaps in specific areas of inquiry, proposing specific research projects. Also, to address research questions, designing research projects from conception to completion. The Research Scientist will conduct advanced statistical analyses, producing conference abstracts for submission, and manuscript preparation. They will be required to apply research design and methodology to advance the research initiatives of the department. The scientist will need to initiate and maintain partnerships with other departments throughout the organization to enhance research activity. The position will guide research staff in data collection, project management, and manuscript preparation.
- Identifies research gaps regarding in various evidence bases; proposes specific research projects.
- Partners with researchers from other departments, and works on multidisciplinary research opportunities with local, state and federal agencies to study surgical outcomes.
- Guides research staff in data collection, project management and manuscript preparation.
- Conducts statistical analyses.
- Obtain research funding to expand the program.
- Assist the project principal investigators in the planning, development, and implementation of the administrative and research projects goals and objectives related to data analysis and evaluation
- Manage progress toward deliverables to ensure administrative and research project goals and objectives are met and appropriate process and impact measures are developed and implemented.
- Provide direct supervision and mentorship to project team members
- Design, implement, complete, analyze and prepare manuscripts on studies related to emergency surgery and trauma in patients in geriatric population.
Must have experience with statistical software packages and expertise in the following areas: aging, research design & methods, statistics, preparing funding requests and publishing journal articles. The Research Scientist must also have experience in research program management, supervising staff members and working in collaborative environments.
PhD, DrPH, ScD or DrPhil in epidemiology, biostatistics, clinical/translational research and health services research or related disciplines. An MS degree in these fields will be considered when preparation otherwise is exceptional.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Real world healthcare, electronic medical records, and/or biomedical informatics data knowledge helpful.
- Strong familiarity with grants development and submissions
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must possess efficient time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and on a self-directed basis as well as in a team setting
- Demonstrates interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English to effectively communicate, collaborate, and establish and maintain good working relationships with a diverse population of multi-disciplinary researchers, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates skill in written communication that expresses complex clinical and scientific content in understandable terms
- Proficiency in regression modeling (including logistic, linear, Poisson, and Cox models); techniques for repeated measures, analysis of variance, hierarchical/mixed models, time series analysis, receiver operating curve analysis and meta-analysis.
Please direct inquiries to David Samson at david [dot] samson [at] wmchealth [dot] org. Alternatively, applicants may go this this website: