Project Coordinator, DRT Strategies
Category : Alumni
DRT provides GIS and technology solutions to support public health research and practice. This includes development of interactive web applications, widgets, and other data visualization products. The Project Coordinator role is part of the technical team and will work most closely with cross-organizational partners, developers, UX/UI engineers, software testers, communications experts and other project managers to support the development of interactive software applications in a collaborative team environment comprised of public health professionals, researchers, developers, and designers.
DRT Strategies delivers expert management consulting and information technology (IT) solutions to large federal agencies, the U.S. Navy, state and local government and commercial clients in health care, technology, and the financial services industries.
The three letters of our name, DRT, stand for Driving Resolutions Together, which is the core philosophy on which the company was founded. That is, we collaborate with our clients to solve their most pressing IT challenges – together.
We are problem solvers dedicated to your success, combining Fortune 500 experience with small business responsiveness. We have established a reputation with our clients as a forward thinking consulting firm with demonstrated success in implementing solutions that lead to meaningful results. Our world-class consultants unite people to work collaboratively to achieve project goals and make your vision a reality.
- Manage relationships with internal and cross-organizational partners
- Coordinate design, development, and execution of technology projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define product requirements, milestones, deliverables, and execution strategy
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of researchers, programmers, designers, testers, and communication specialists
- Develop partner-specific project plans to improve interactive mapping websites, data visualizations, and widgets.
- Write and maintain project documentation such as meeting notes, project charters, change requests, project backlogs, and clearance documents
- Lead weekly and bi-weekly project meetings and present project milestones to stakeholders
- Conduct brainstorming sessions
- 3-5 years of project management experience in either a public health or software development setting
- Experience with public health systems and language
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working on software development projects or with collaborating with technical teams
- High-level understanding of relational database structure and application development
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Able to obtain CDC Clearance
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have documented success supporting a cross-functional team
- Must be a big-picture thinker who is well-organized, proactive, and works well in a team-setting
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- This role requires excellent communication skills and cross-functional team leadership.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.