Want to take a class on Python? On R data cleaning or visualization?
Want to learn how to use other statistical packages such as SAS, SPASS, and Stata, or use Twitter for your research?
Looking for time series data on economics, health, the census and demographics, the environment, education, and more?
Emory’s Center for Digital Scholarship (ECDS) is an important resource for you to know about for your coursework. Located just above the Goizueta Business Library in the Woodruff Library building, members of their team include statisticians and data experts; they are extremely knowledgeable resources and long-time partners wit GBL and GBS.
Questions about ECDS? Email ecds [at] emory [dot] edu.
A number of workshops are taught each Fall and Spring semester. Classes are taught in Wednesdays from 1-2pm live via Zoom, or you can watch the recording at your convenience.
Examples of past classes include:
- Introduction to Python
- R – Data Visualization, Data Management, Data Cleaning
To see the current semester’s classes, see the Spring 2022 workshop schedule.
Enroll for access to past and current ECDS Workshop Recordings.
Data Resources and Statistical Software Support
- Help with R/SAS/SPSS/Stata
- Using Twitter for Research
- Sources for Census and Demography data
- The University of Minnesota’s Integrated Public Use Microdata Series – projects for individual level microdata from Census Bureau surveys as well as from international population censuses and from various U.S. and international health surveys