Branding Swiss Spaghetti

For my Swiss Spaghetti podcast, two ways have emerged in which I can approach the situation. The first being a radio talk similar to that of Sawbones where I would be discussing the phenomenon and invite a guest (i.e. Swiss farmer) onto the show to share his experiences. This would enable me to reach a wider audience due to the European roots of this hoax. In order to make it seem more believable, I might even use a popular French broadcasting network that I used to listen to in high school called TV5 Monde. Since it is a Swiss hoax, I could pull in my own French-speaking abilities to make it more entertaining- possibly even using my own voice as the guest speaker to play on the mocking tone. The second option is a little more basic, wherein I use the hoax to create a bedtime story. This would further limit my audience to a younger generation; however, it could still be just as popular. The difficulty I see in portraying it this way is perhaps interweaving my own analysis into the fabrication of the hoax. While this might pose as a challenge, if I were able to come up with a solution, then it would be equally if not more entertaining than the first option mentioned above.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Branding Swiss Spaghetti

1. Lindsey Grubbs says:

These both make a lot of sense to me, Kristin! I think you’re right that the first might give you a more interesting audience–an adult audience might give you a little more that you can wrestle with from a rhetorical standpoint.