Different Podcast Forms

One way in which I might approach my podcast is in a live sports newscast format. I would include real time updates on Kimo’s progress as well as various interviews from spectators. I would try to make my podcast appeal to an audience who often watches sports on television as well as people flipping through channels who happen to see the broadcast and are naïve enough to believe the situation.  I will include a reporter with a professional voice as well as the runner with a breathless, exhausted voice to appeal to the audience’s ethos. Another way I could present my podcast is in a radio newscast reporting on a past event. I would include descriptions of The Daily Mail’s reports and pictures. Utilizing rhetorical devices such as interviews from people who watched part of the “marathon” may also make the situation more credible. The audience, rather than people who often watch sports television, would include a broader range of people, including those who listen to the radio in the mornings or on their way to work.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Different Podcast Forms

1. Lindsey Grubbs says:

Nice, Liliana–good distinctions between two media options and their audiences. I think either of these could work well!