Since the launch of Emory Digital Collections in April 2020, thousands of items from Emory’s rare and unique holdings have been uploaded to the platform. Each month, staff in Library Technology and Digital Strategies will provide an update sharing what has been added to EDC during the preceding month.
Here’s what was added in December 2021:
- 58 books and pamphlets were added to the African American Imprints Collection, which contains publications written and/or published by African Americans in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- 41 issues of the Emory Phoenix, the literary and news publication established at Emory College in 1886, were added to the Emory Phoenix, Mirror, and Georgia College Journal Collection.
- 19 Emory course catalogs were added to Emory University Course Catalogs and Bulletins.
- 901 historical Emory photographs were added to the Emory University Office of Alumni Publications Photographs.
- 29 16th-century texts were added to the Richard C. Kessler Reformation Collection.
– Kathryn Michaelis, Digital Preservation Program manager, Library Technology and Digital Strategies