Category : Alumni
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Deputy Director for Infectious Diseases (DDID), National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Influenza Division (ID), located in Atlanta, Georgia.
As a Epidemiologist at the GS-12 you will:
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or scientific studies or surveys.
- Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement; works with program specialists and/or scientists as appropriate, to develop more viable implementation procedures and coordinates with appropriate staff to make needed changes.
- Consult on, monitor, and measure the outcome of assigned programs through studies that evaluate the effectiveness of subject activities in meeting the needs of program participants.
- Participate with scientists and program consultants both in various aspects of the study or survey design process, including: conducts a search or review of the existing literature and data in a scientific area, and prepares and/or presents summaries for a variety of purposes, monitors internal review board clearances, designs questionnaires and other data collection instruments.
- Use established, modified, newly developed scientific and technical methods and practices, identifies and evaluates a wide range of conventional/unconventional health conditions in a specialty area.
For more information and to apply, please click here.