Racism, Bias, and Other Determinants of Health: Issues and Actions, 3/1
Category : News/Events
This webinar is sponsored by Emory University and the Region IV Public Health Training Center. During this webinar we will discuss racism and social determinants of health, and the role bias plays in healthcare decision making as well as its impact on adverse health outcomes. We will discuss how our backgrounds inform our perspectives and how we relate to colleagues and patients. We will also explore strategies that students and physicians can employ to mitigate bias.
By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
- Describe social determinants of health
- Describe the role of bias in medical decision making & impact on adverse health outcomes
- Connect addressing bias to provision of equitable high-quality care
- Recognize how our backgrounds inform our perspectives and how we relate to colleagues & patients
- Explore strategies that students and physicians can employ to mitigate bias
How to Join
- This is a live webinar scheduled for Monday, March 1, 2021 from 12pm-1:30pm
- Click here to register for the webinar!
Leave a Reply