Emory Foundations for Online Teaching Course
Emory Foundations for Online Teaching (EFOT) is a professional development opportunity for graduate students offered through a joint partnership between the Center for Faculty Development and Excellence and the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship. Emory graduate students from any school are welcome to enroll. EFOT introduces best practices for online teaching and is designed for graduate students who are preparing to TA or teach partially or wholly in an online environment.* All course sessions use Canvas, and the participant learns from the point of view of an online student. Participants must have a computer with Internet and Zoom access. This course and its sessions are taught 100% online.
Successful completion of the program may be helpful to students interested in teaching or serving as a teaching assistant in the Emory College of Arts and Sciences.
Participants will learn about:
- best practices for and methodology behind online teaching
- instructional design
- tools and technologies
- Emory resources for online education.
Modules focus on:
- teaching using a learning management system
- pedagogically sound course design
- developing learning objectives and assessments for the online environment
- synchronous and asynchronous communication techniques
building an online community.
- May 24th- July 5th, 2021
How to Apply