Summer Internship Program, NIH
Category : Student Opportunities
The NIH Summer Internship Program is currently open for applications. This is a fantastic opportunity for students at almost any level (undergrad/grad/medical) to gain paid experience in research. Details are at the links below.
2023 Guidelines for the Summer Internship Program (SIP)
- Student eligibility requirements can be found here:
SIP website: https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/sip
- Students must apply through the OITE application system and meet eligibility requirements (per NIH guidelines).
- We accept candidates who are full-time students at the time of application. Students who have graduated and are matriculating at the next level of education are still eligible.
- Students who have already participated in the Summer Internship Program for 2 years are NOT eligible to intern at NIEHS in 2023.
- The NIEHS SIP has a minimum duration of 8 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks. Start dates for 2023 will be May 15th, May 22nd, and June 5th.
The Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity specifically addresses how experiences such as SIP are not equally available to all students: “In spite of tremendous advancements in scientific research, information, educational and research opportunities are not equally available to all. NIH encourages institutions to diversify their student and faculty populations to enhance the participation of individuals from groups that are underrepresented in the biomedical, clinical, behavioral and social sciences…”
Leave a Reply