TA Opportunity, EH 584: Built Environment and Public Health
Category : Student Opportunities
This unique position is for a combination teaching assistant and research assistant in the study area of built environment.
The class is EH 584 Built Environment and Public Health with Georgia Tech instructor Dr. Arthi Rao with the School of City & Regional Planning. EH 584 is jointly offered course between RSPH and GA Tech and meets in person on Fridays 11:00am– 12:55pm. At least half of the classes will take place at GA Tech with flexibility regarding travel and in-person class meetings. Some work may also be conducted virtually.
The position will be for up to 20 hours per week for the following tasks:
- Coordinate/maintain/monitor both Canvas sites for the built environment course (EH 584/CP 6850)
- Attend class
- Serve as a liaison for course-related functions and activities
- Assist in preparing class-related materials and lectures
- Assist in grading and other course-related activities as they arise
- Assist in conducting literature reviews related to public health and built environment topics
- Assist in data/statistical analysis and/or journal manuscript preparation
- Second year MPH student
- Prior coursework in built environment, social epidemiology or social determinants of health
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other basic database skills
- Good working knowledge of statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Endnote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Attend some classes in person. Some work will be virtual. Regular check-ins will be scheduled.
Start date ASAP.