Research Assistant, Emory School of Medicine
*** This position is open to non-REAL students***
Emory Department of Family and Preventive Medicine seeks a Masters or Doctoral trainee candidate who will assist in recruitment and data analyses of pilot clinical trials and larger longitudinal databases. The research questions are focused on looking at behavioral risk factors and interventions for cardiovascular diseases and dementia prevention. The research efforts are vital to improving patient care, public health, and reduce health disparities. This position is a one year assignment with a possible extension for another year. It requires a minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Motivated candidates will have opportunities to participate in abstract writing, presentation at scientific conferences, and co-authoring publications.
- Knowledge of statistical programs (e.g. SAS) and prior experience in data analyses is required
- Prior experience in scientific manuscript writing will be helpful to participate in publications
- Good communication skills to help advertise studies and enroll and follow-up study participants
- Understands and adheres to Emory School of Medicine and Emory Clinic’s compliance standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in biological sciences, health sciences, or life sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience required
How to Apply
We kindly request that all applications be submitted by February 28th, 2021 for consideration. Please email your current resume or CV to Emily Chuba at emily [dot] ann [dot] chuba [at] emory [dot] edu.