November is the National Native American Heritage Month. Throughout this month, lecture series, cultural programs, exhibits, and other kinds of programs are organized to celebrate Native Americans’ culture, traditions, achievements, and contributions to our country. Eager to learn about the American Indian tribes of Georgia? Please check out the New Encyclopedia of Georgia about the Georgia Indians….
Posts Tagged: Native American
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Illuminating Medieval and Renaissance Materials at Rose Library July 31, 2020Kelin Michael is a PhD candidate in Art History at Emory and a student employee of the Rose Library. In the spring of 2018, my colleague in the Art History department here at Emory, Emma de Jong, told me about a curatorial project she was about to embark on in conjunction with Pitts Theology Library...Lolita Rowe
- Connections in the Archive: Reflections on a letter between C.T. Vivian and John Lewis July 30, 2020Rose Library Archivist, Laura Starratt reflections on a letter written by John Lewis. When I talk to people about what I love about my job, I usually focus on the items. To other archivists, I’m sorry. I know that we talk about our work documenting history and how context allows us to understand not only...Lolita Rowe
- Lift Every Voice 2020, the May Miller Papers, and the Work of the Reconstruction Archive July 24, 2020J.E. Morgan is the 2019-2020 recipient of the Mellon Interventions Public Scholar fellowship at Emory’s Rose Library. Morgan is a Ph.D. candidate in History at Emory and a member of the Lift Every Voice 2020 project team. The Lift Every Voice 2020 project’s public history initiatives emphasizes that African Americans’ fight for citizenship and civil rights began long...Lolita Rowe
- In Memoriam: On the Passing of Constance Curry July 9, 2020The staff of the Rose Library were saddened to learn of the death of long-time library friend and donor, Constance Curry, on June 20. Connie was a civil rights activist and public servant who dedicated her life to the cause of justice in Atlanta and the South. She was a member of the National Student...Lolita Rowe
- Lift Every Voice 2020: The Vision of Dr. Pellom McDaniels III June 19, 2020As the Curator of African American Collections at Emory’s Rose Library, Dr. Pellom McDaniels III worked to bring these collections to the public in order to highlight the lives and contributions of African Americans. A year-long project, Lift Every Voice 2020 began with his idea that Reconstruction was “a time of great possibility” for African...Lolita Rowe