The Biology Research Award in honor of Dr. Pat Marsteller recognizes Biology majors who have excelled in research during their Emory careers. This year’s award went to Greg Kimmerer. As a member of the Rieder Lab, Greg used fluorescence microscopy and molecular cloning to investigate regulation of gene expression in the fruit fly. He specifically sought to determine whether DNA sequences that initiate chromatin structures in the fruit fly embryo are also necessary to maintain those chromatin structures in the adult organism.
- Dr. David Civitello won the George Mercer Award
- Emory biology and Georgia Tech electrical and computer engineering researchers combine lab expertise
- The 2023 Barry Yedvobnick Undergraduate Research Award
- Alicia Yin selected as a 2023 Bobby Jones Scholar
- Zee Kwong awarded The Biology Award for Excellence in honor of Darrell R. Stokes
No comments to show.