Category : Student Opportunities
The GDEH is seeking a student to lead, compile, and create various communications and assist with student-related programs, events, administrative tasks, and more.
Relevant RSPH competencies include:
- Select communication strategies for different audiences and sectors
- Communicate audience-appropriate (i.e., non-academic, non-peer audience) public health content, both in writing and through oral presentation
- Describe the importance of cultural competence in communicating public health content
- Apply leadership and/or management principles to address a relevant issue
Tasks might include:
- Compile and organize information for the department’s weekly student newsletter
- Create a monthly report by compiling publications by faculty and PhD students
- Help manage the department’s Facebook and Instagram accounts/posts
- Produce and gather content, create and schedule posts; this may include outreach to stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, etc.), attending events (i.e. taking pictures/videos at events), etc.
- Assist with department’s student peer mentoring program and other department programs
- Assist with department events
- Assist with various student or department related activities/projects
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and experience with creating social media and other written materials, organizing content, organizing events, and planning. They will be self-motivated, organized, a self-starter, able to attend department events, and feel comfortable communicating with students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing and/or social media links or samples via 12Twenty and/or to Ariadne Swichtenberg at ariadne [dot] s [at] emory [dot] edu