First Year in PhD
Emory University, Ph.D., Philosophy, expected 2023
Middlebury College, B.A., Philosophy, Summa Cum Laude with Highest Departmental Honors, Minor in Russian Language, 2018
- Thesis: Ethics as First Philosophy
Advisors: George Dennis O’Brien and John Spackman
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Visiting Student in Philosophy, Spring 2014
19th and 20th-Century European Philosophy, Phenomenology, Philosophy of Religion, Emmanuel Levinas
Undergraduate Journal Articles
- “Phenomenology and Conceptualism.” Logos: The Cornell Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy. Volume XVI (Spring 2018): 25-44, ranked 2nd best submission.
- “Looks, Gestures, and Words: Skepticism and the Ethical in Cavell and Levinas.” Dianoia: The Undergraduate Philosophy Journal of Boston College. Issue IV (Spring 2017): 6-24.
- “Levinas’s Wounded Speech,” 14th Annual Conference of the North American Levinas Society, Drake University, Des Moines, IA, July 2019.
- “Divine Polyvalence: God and Metaphor in Levinas and Eriugena,” Annual Conference of the Mystical Theology Network, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, March 2019.
- “The Epiphany of the Face: Levinas and the Ethical-Religious Attitude,” 5th Annual Graduate and Undergraduate Student Conference in Philosophy, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, October 2015.
- “God and Language in Levinas’s Theory of Metaphor,” Friday Philosophy Forum, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, April 2019.
- “Ethics as First Philosophy: Responses to Skepticism in Levinas and Cavell,” Spring Student Symposium, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, April 2018.
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Laney Graduate School Fellowship, Emory University, 2018-2023
- John T. Andrews Memorial Prize for outstanding achievement in Philosophy, Middlebury College, 2018
- Alexandra T. and Robert L. Baker Award for excellence in Russian Language and Literature, Middlebury College, 2018
- Theodore S. Woolsey Prize for outstanding work in the study of sacred texts, Middlebury College, 2018
- Prize for 2nd best article in Logos, Cornell’s undergraduate philosophy journal, 2018
- Phi Beta Kappa, early induction, Middlebury College, 2017
- The Slavic National Honors Society, Middlebury College, 2017
- Kellogg Fellowship in the Humanities, Middlebury College, 2017
- College Scholar, Middlebury College, 2014-2018
Middlebury College (2016-2018)
as Peer-Tutor in Philosophy
- Introduction to the Philosophical Tradition, Spring 2018
- Introduction to the Philosophical Tradition, Spring 2017
- The Philosophy of Human Rights, Fall 2016
Portuguese, English, Russian, French, Spanish, Latin
For my full CV, click here